Black Bean Quesadillas
If your salsa is already made, this bean-cheese-spinach (use frozen spinach) combo takes 10 minutes to fix.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Body+Soul, April 2008
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, mashed with a fork
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat pepper-jack cheese (2 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa, for serving
Spread beans over half of each tortilla. Top with spinach and cheese; season generously with salt and pepper. Fold tortillas in half over fillings.
When it's time to eat, place quesadillas on a microwave-safe plate; cook on high power until heated through, about 2 minutes. Top with salsa.