Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Pureed cauliflower florets and low-sodium chicken broth serve as the base for this creamy soup recipe, while roasted cauliflower leaves are used as a garnish.
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- kosher salt and ground pepper
- 8 small cauliflower leaves (or 2 large leaves, coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium pot, combine chicken broth and cauliflower; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until cauliflower is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, puree cauliflower until smooth (thin it with broth, if necessary).
Meanwhile, on a small baking sheet toss cauliflower leaves with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Serve as garnish on soup.
SourceWhole Living, November 2010