Don't ruin your salad by drowning it in dressing, especially the fat-, sodium-, and preservative-laden versions found on most salad bars. For the healthiest option, pack your own.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Body+Soul, May 2010
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and shallots. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.