The neutral flavor of this gluten-free penne allows an assertive oven-roasted sauce to shine.
- 6 tomatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 12 ounces neutral-flavored penne, such as Bionaturae gluten-free (rice, soy, potato)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Toss tomatoes, garlic, capers, oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes, then reduce oven to 375 degrees. Add olives, stirring once, and roast 15 minutes more.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
Toss with tomato sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve drizzled with olive oil.
SourceBody+Soul, June 2010