Mini Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Thin strips of green mango and carrot add a satisfying crunch to these cocktail party-ready appetizers.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
- Yield: Makes 24 pieces
Source: Body+Soul, November 2008
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 green mango, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grill grates
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 thin chicken cutlets (about 3 ounces each)
- 24 small leaves Bibb lettuce, from about 3 heads (3 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
In a medium bowl, stir vinegar, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt until sugar is dissolved. Add carrot and mango; toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally, at least 30 minutes, or refrigerate up to a day.
Heat grill or grill pan to high; lightly oil grates. In a shallow dish, combine lime juice, ginger, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and let marinate for no more than 5 minutes. Grill chicken until browned and opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a plate to cool.
Thinly slice chicken; toss with carrot mixture. Divide mixture among lettuce leaves; drizzle with juice from carrots and sprinkle with cilantro.