Grilled Chicken with Tomatillo-Tomato Salsa
Spanish for "little tomatoes," tomatillos are most delicious in their green state. Rinse them after you peel away the husks to remove any sticky coating.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Body+Soul, June 2009
- Olive oil, for grill
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces tomatillos (about 4), peeled, rinsed, cored, and quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup whole cilantro leaves
Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. In a shallow dish, stir together 2 tablespoons lime juice and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and coat. Let sit 15 minutes.
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse onion and jalapeno until finely chopped. Add tomatillos and pulse once or twice. Fold in tomatoes, cilantro, and remaining lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
Grill chicken, covered, until opaque throughout, about 10 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with aluminum foil; let rest 5 minutes. Serve chicken with salsa.