There's no mayo in this vegan slaw! Apple slices, ginger, and lemon juice add juicy flavor to shredded red cabbage.
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living, September 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 apple, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, and kosher salt. Add cabbage, apple, and chives. Toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 8 hours until ready to serve.