Golden raisins, parsley leaves, and ruby-red pomegranate seeds add color to this fiber-rich bulgur salad.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine bulgur and salt. Top with boiling water and cover bowl with a plate until water is absorbed, 30 minutes.
Toss with scallions, parsley, mint, raisins, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
SourceWhole Living, December 2010