Creamy Buttermilk Dressing
Don't ruin your salad by drowning it in dressing, especially the fat, sodium, and preservative-laden versions found on most salad bars. For the healthiest option, pack your own.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
Source: Body+Soul, May 2010
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup soybean oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.