Wild Salmon with Lentils and Arugula
Vitamin D-rich and delicious, this lighter meal is perfect for chasing away the winter blues.
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living, December 2010
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup green lentils
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups baby arugula (1 1/2 oz.)
- 4 6-oz. fillets wild salmon, skinless
In a medium pot, bring onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, and lentils to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. Season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in arugula and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange fillets in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake until cooked through, about 16 to 18 minutes. Serve with lentils and squeeze with lemon juice.