Guacamole with Queso Fresco
A classic guacamole is enhanced by salty, low-fat queso fresco. Instead of chips, serve the dip with fresh summer crudites.
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, for sprinkling
Using the back of a fork, gently mash avocados into small chunks. Gently stir in remaining ingredients, sprinkling queso fresco over top.