Endive and Watercress Salad with Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living
- 1 medium-size red onion, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large endives (about 2 cups)
- 2 small bunches of baby watercress, tough stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
In a small bowl, combine the onion, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
Meanwhile, chop the endives in a cross-hatched fashion, beginning at the base and working to the point. Place the endive and watercress in a large bowl. With a slotted spoon, transfer the onion to the bowl of greens. Whisk the oil in a steady stream into the lemon juice, pour over the greens, and toss, until coated well.
Divide the salad among 4 plates and crumble the goat cheese on top.