Orzo with Plum Tomatoes and Oregano
Be sure to cook your orzo al dente; if overcooked, the tiny rice-shaped pasta becomes mushy.
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, add the orzo and cook 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the garlic and oil and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic from the oil and discard. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tomatoes, oregano, and lemon juice. Set aside.
Drain the orzo and transfer to a bowl. Add the tomato mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.