Shaved Parsnip Salad
A surprisingly good source of vitamin C, the raw parsnips in this healthy holiday side have slightly more of the antioxidant than their cooked counterparts.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Body+Soul, November 2009
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 parsnips (about 8 ounces), peeled and shaved very thinly (on a mandolin or with a vegetable peeler)
- 4 medjool or 6 regular dates, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
Toss parsnips, lettuce, and dates. Drizzle with dressing. Season with salt and pepper.