Roasted Spiced Chickpeas
Craving something crunchy? These spicy roasted chickpeas will give you healthy satisfaction without too much salt or saturated fat.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Whole Living, January/February 2011
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss chickpeas with oil and spices until evenly coated. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, shaking pan occasionally, until chickpeas are golden and crunchy, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.