Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March 2011
- 2 large egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry-wine or Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
Place egg yolks and lemon juice in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup; season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Using an immersion blender, blend, slowly drizzling in the canola oil; continue blending until thickened and well combined. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
Whisk vinegar into egg yolk mixture and fold in parsley, cornichons, capers, dill, chives, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.