Use to make Salt-Baked Striped Bass with Herbs and Lemon.
- 2 large egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry-wine or Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
Place egg yolks and lemon juice in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup; season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Using an immersion blender, blend, slowly drizzling in the canola oil; continue blending until thickened and well combined. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
Whisk vinegar into egg yolk mixture and fold in parsley, cornichons, capers, dill, chives, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, March 2011