Low-Fat All-Purpose Pie Crust
This pie crust recipe works well with almost any type of filling. Try it with this Veggie Goat Cheese Quiche from Jenny Park, a member of the L.A. Ladies' Choir and owner of Trails Cafe in Los Angeles.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
In a food processor pulse together all-purpose flour, toasted wheat germ, salt, and baking powder. Add cold, unsalted butter, and process until largest pieces are the size of small peas.
With machine running, add low-fat buttermilk until dough just holds together.
Pat into a disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour (or overnight).