Very Vegetable Lasagna
- 2 pounds zucchini (about 4 medium), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 7 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 15 no-boil lasagna noodles (3/4 pound total)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (4 ounces), divided
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large pot of boiling water, cook zucchini until just softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and let dry on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
Stir together ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan, egg, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread 1 cup marinara in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, one-quarter the ricotta mixture, one-quarter the zucchini, and 1 cup tomato sauce; repeat three times. Top with remaining 3 noodles, 2 cups marinara, and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Cover with parchment-lined foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan; bake 20 minutes more. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.