Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Servings: 4
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds), halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle squash flesh with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until squash is tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
When cool enough to handle, gently scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, and parsley. Season with salt and red-pepper flakes and serve sprinkled with cheese, if desired.