Black Bean Salsa with Tortilla Chips
Oven-baked flour-tortilla chips accompany hearty salsa thick with black beans, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper.
- 6 flour tortillas (each 7 1/2 inches)
- Olive-oil, cooking spray
For the Salsa
- One 19-ounce can black beans
- 1 small tomato, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Preheat broiler. Rinse beans under cold running water. Make salsa: Place 1/4 cup black beans in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped; transfer to a bowl. Add remaining beans, tomato, scallions, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir to combine; set aside.
Make chips: Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Arrange on a baking tray; coat with cooking spray. Place under broiler, and bake until crisp and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer chips to a wire rack to cool. Serve salsa with chips.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2001