Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip
Enjoy the tasty, unexpected flavors of this recipe immediately, or allow the dip to mellow overnight.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Body+Soul, September Fall 2008
- 1 box (9 ounces) frozen artichokes, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Whole-wheat baguette slices, for serving
In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1/2 cup artichokes, 1/4 cup feta, garlic, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons water; puree until smooth.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, pine nuts, basil, remaining chopped artichokes, remaining 1/4 cup feta, and reserved artichoke puree; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes, if desired, and serve on baguette slices. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.