Creamy Kale Salad
Avocado and walnut oil (or olive oil) make the dressing for this salad, a refreshing mix of crispy apples, kale, and walnuts.
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seed removed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch kale (8 oz.), stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small red beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet, crisp apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Combine avocado, vinegar, mustard, and oil in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. (It will be thick.) Season with salt and pepper.
Combine kale, beets, apple, and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss with avocado dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
SourceWhole Living, January/February 2011