Endive and Tangerine Salad with Almonds and Feta
Tangerine vinaigrette is tossed with fresh endive. A mixture of almonds, feta, and oregano adds a sweet, salty, aromatic finish to the crisp, tangy salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- 5 honey tangerines
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup almonds (1 ounce), toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces low-fat feta, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 3 heads endive (about 4 ounces each), trimmed, leaves separated
Cut away peel and pith from 4 tangerines using a sharp paring knife. Slice each into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Halve remaining tangerine, and squeeze juice into a large bowl. Whisk in oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Mix together almonds, feta, and oregano.
Cut any large endive leaves in half length-wise. Add leaves to bowl with vinaigrette, and toss. Divide endive, tangerines, and almond-feta mixture evenly amound 4 plates.