Under 30 Minutes
Sesame-Miso Salad Dressing
A staple for many Asian-style meals, miso is both tasty and good for you: The fermented soybean paste contains zinc, manganese, copper, and vitamin B12. Try this dressing on a salad of thinly sliced carrots, cucumbers, baby spinach, and sliced oranges. Change it up: Instead of using toasted sesame oil, opt for omega-3-rich walnut oil, which offers a nuttier flavor. Also experiment with exchanging sherry vinegar for the rice vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons white or brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup plain (not toasted) sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 scallion, minced
In a medium bowl whisk together miso, vinegar, sugar, and toasted sesame oil until smooth. Whisk in orange juice. In a steady stream, slowly whisk in the plain sesame oil until smooth. Stir in scallion.