For a quick side dish combine steamed green beans and boiled new potatoes or kidney beans (rinsed and drained); top with the vinaigrette.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
Source: Body+Soul, 2007
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Blend on high speed until completely smooth. With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream, blending until incorporated; season with salt and pepper to taste.