Under 30 Minutes
Tomato-Paprika Salad Dressing
Spice up the traditional tomato and mozzarella salad with this antioxidant-rich dressing, or use it as a light sauce for firm white fish, grilled chicken breast, or pork chops.
- 3/4 pound plum or other ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
With a paring knife, cut a shallow x in the bottom of the tomatoes. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add tomatoes and boil 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tomatoes to a bowl. When cool enough to handle, peel and discard their skin. Cut tomatoes into quarters lengthwise. Using your fingers, discard seeds. Transfer tomatoes to a blender.
Add vinegar, sugar, garlic, and paprika and puree until smooth. Remove the center cap, and with the motor running, add oil in a steady stream, blending well. Season with salt and pepper.