Dress up a simple cauliflower salad, rich in folate and antioxidants, with red wine vinegar, olive oil, currants, and a pinch of sugar.
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living, November 2010
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 1/2 thinly sliced small red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a small pot combine currants, vinegar, and a pinch of sugar. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Cool to room temperature and whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, steam cauliflower until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, celery, parsley, and currant mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.