California Sunshine Salad
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, fresh or frozen and thawed or kernels from 1 medium ear of roasted corn, chilled
- 1/2 cup chilled organic edamame
- 1/4 medium avocado, chopped
Slice the top and bottom of orange with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the orange over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Discard membrane.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, thyme, black pepper, and lemon zest. Add orange segments, corn, edamame, and avocado. Toss to combine and serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, January 2011