Warm Edamame Salad
This high-protein vegan dish boasts lots of Asian flavors.
- Servings: 6
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Whole Living, April 2011
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups (12 oz) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 16 oz package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz) sugar snap peas, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chile sauce
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms, stirring, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Add remaining oil to pan. Cook the edamame, snap peas, and ginger, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender and edamame is bright green, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, chestnuts, Sriracha, and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in the toasted sesame seeds and vinegar. Serve hot, or refrigerate and enjoy cold.