Sprouted Summer Salad
Sprouting your grains may make them easier to digest and increase their nutritional benefits.
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 small hot chili pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup sprouted quinoa (see below)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and oil. Season with salt. Add chili and onion and toss. Let stand 10 minutes.
Arrange pineapple on a platter. Top with cashews, sprouted quinoa, and mint. Drizzle with chili-onion mixture.
SourceWhole Living, July/August 2011