Baked Cherry Crisp
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, trimmed to 11 x 16 inches
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces (3 cups) sweet cherries, pitted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a baking tray (keep remaining pieces covered with a damp kitchen towel) and lightly brush entire surface with oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets. Arrange cherries on top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Bake until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Cut into squares.
SourceWhole Living, June 2011