Baked Cherry Crisp
This thin and flaky dessert is a great way to show off ripe, juicy cherries.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Raymond Hom
Source: Whole Living, June 2011
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, trimmed to 11 x 16 inches
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces (3 cups) sweet cherries, pitted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a baking tray (keep remaining pieces covered with a damp kitchen towel) and lightly brush entire surface with oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets. Arrange cherries on top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Bake until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Cut into squares.