"Love" Dip with Tortilla Chips and Crudites
This simple blend of creamy and spicy is inspired by the original Love Dip, sold at the Texas supermarket chain Central Market.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 3/4 cups
Photography: Nicole Franzen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January/February 2014
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (from 3 or 4 scallions), plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup hot-pepper relish or salsa verde
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Crudites, such as cucumber, carrots, and jicama, for serving
Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium-high until fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in salt and scallions. Fold in relish; garnish with scallions. Serve with chips and crudites.