Grapefruit, Salmon, and Avocado Salad
A satisfying salad is all about a combination of textures: here, crisp greens, juicy citrus, silky salmon, and rich avocado.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
- 2 skinless wild-salmon fillets (each about 8 ounces, 1 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 cups sunflower shoots, watercress leaves, or a combination of both
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place in a 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with half of scallions. Bake until salmon is partially opaque in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a dish and let cool.
Break salmon into large pieces and divide among serving dishes. Top each with grapefruit, avocado, greens, and remaining scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil with lime juice and season with salt. Drizzle dressing over each salad.