Roasted Broccoli with Pumpkin Seeds and Grated Pecorino
A bed of brown rice turns this broccoli dish into a filling meal.
- 2 pounds broccoli, stems peeled and sliced, florets cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange broccoli and pumpkin seeds in single layers on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Roast, rotating pans once, until golden in spots and just tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheets, then sprinkle with cheese.
Divide rice among serving dishes, top with broccoli mixture, and finish with lemon wedges before serving.