1 of 5
Naturally nutty and sweet, nutrient-packed flours such as buckwheat, whole-wheat, oat, and spelt, bring hearty richness to yummy treats.
To learn more about whole-grain flours, read our glossary.
Creamy ricotta, juicy blood oranges, Cara Cara oranges, clementines, and floral honey bring out buckwheat’s earthiness in airy, crisp waffles.Get the Buckwheat Waffles with Fresh Ricotta and Citrus Recipe
2 of 5
Buttery brown sugar glazes the sticky buns and pairs nicely with the hearty nuttiness of whole wheat.
3 of 5
Toasted hazelnuts bring crunch to the frosted tops and moist centers of these mini carrot cakes, made extra tender with the addition of oat flour.Get the Hazelnut Carrot-Oat Cupcakes with Cream-Cheese Frosting Recipe
You Just Viewed
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Decorate with Brass
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- The Barest Simmer
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- A Blueprint for Color
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks