Roasted Kielbasa with Apples and Cabbage
- 1 small red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 small Gala apples (about 1 1/4 pounds), halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked kielbasa, slashed 1/4-inch deep in a few places
- Whole-grain mustard, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss together cabbage, onions, oil, 3 tablespoons vinegar, and caraway seeds on a rimmed baking sheet; generously season with salt and pepper. Spread into a single layer and roast 25 minutes.
Gently turn vegetables. Add apples, cut side down, and kielbasa to baking sheet, keeping everything in a single layer. Roast until cabbage is crisp-tender and apples are tender and slightly collapsed, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Slice kielbasa and divide equally among 4 plates with vegetables and apples. Serve with mustard.