Under 30 Minutes
Escarole Salad with Celery and Pine Nuts
The leftover vinaigrette is delicious on greens or roasted vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus 1/4 cup packed leaves
- 1 medium head escarole (about 10 ounces), trimmed and torn into large pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and shallot in a small bowl. Gradually add oil in a steady stream and whisk until combined thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine celery stalks and leaves, escarole, and pine nuts in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette; toss to combine. Vinaigrette can be made 2 days ahead and stored in refrigerator.