Creme Fraiche Salmon Spread
Tangy creme fraiche unites poached and smoked salmon in this quick and easy spread.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: David Malosh
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless fresh salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces smoked salmon (preferably unsliced), chopped to a 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small belgian endive, trimmed and thinly sliced, for serving
- Seeded crackers, for serving
Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium pot. Reduce heat to a simmer and season generously with salt. Add fresh salmon and poach until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate. Let cool completely.
Combine creme fraiche, shallot, and chives in a medium bowl. Add poached and smoked salmon, gently stirring until just incorporated, with some flakes of fresh salmon remaining. Season with salt and pepper. Spread can be made 1 day ahead and stored in refrigerator. Before serving, top with chives and endive. Serve with crackers.