Oysters on the Half Shell with Mignonette
The word mignonette refers to the coarsely crushed peppercorns in this simple shallot-and-vinegar sauce. It can be made up to 12 hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2013
- 1/4 cup minced shallot (from 1 to 2 shallots)
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns, crushed with the side of a knife
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 24 oysters, scrubbed, shucked, and left on the half shell
- Ice (small cubes or crushed), for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Stir together shallot, peppercorns, and vinegar in a small bowl. Arrange oysters over ice. Serve with mignonette and lemon wedges.