Crepes with Smoked Fishes and Dill Cream Cheese
Serve with store-bought bagels, croissants, and jams, if desired. The dill cream cheese can be made two days ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 24 crepes
Photography: John Kernick
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus about 1/2 stick, room temperature, for cooking crepes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill fronds (from 1 bunch), plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 24 plain crepes
- 8 ounces each Nova smoked salmon, sturgeon, and sable (russanddaughters.com), for serving
Stir together cream cheese, dill, lemon zest and juice, and cayenne. Season with salt and stir until combined.
Fold crepes into triangles and place on a platter with smoked fishes. Serve with dill cream cheese.