Chicken Puttanesca with Orzo
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2013
- 3/4 pound orzo
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons capers plus 1 tablespoon brine
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
Cook orzo according to package instructions; drain and transfer to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil and the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, the brine, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss with chicken.
In a large nonstick skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a plate. Add tomatoes and their liquid, olives, and capers to skillet; boil until thickened, 4 minutes. Stir in any juices from chicken and season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with orzo and sauce.