Under 30 Minutes
Halibut in Parchment
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 4 skinless firm white fish fillets, such as halibut or bass (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Coarse salt
- 8 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
This gentle method yields tender results while cooking food over simmering liquid or in parchment. It's perfect for fish, shellfish, chicken, or hardy vegetables.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide cabbage and carrot among four 16-inch-long pieces of parchment. Top with fish, cilantro, and ginger and season with salt. Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
Bring long ends of paper together and fold 3 times to make a seam. Tuck short ends under to secure.
Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until puffed and fish is opaque, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer packets to plates, gently pull open, and serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2013