Under 30 Minutes
Soy-Maple Broiled Tofu with Broccoli
- 1 large head broccoli, stems peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick, florets separated (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into 4 3/4-inch slices
- Cooked rice, for serving
Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss broccoli with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Broil until tender, stirring once, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine broth, soy sauce, syrup, and cornstarch.
Add tofu to sheet, on top of broccoli. Drizzle with half the broth mixture. Broil until tofu is dark brown in spots and sauce is thickened, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat remaining broth mixture over medium until thickened, 6 minutes. Serve broccoli and tofu over rice with sauce.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2013