- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 5 1/2 dozen
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2013
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer on low speed, using paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and beat on medium until coarse crumbs form. With mixer on low, add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition; mix in apricots, pistachios, and fennel seeds. Continue to mix until dough forms a ball, about 1 minute.
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape dough into two 2-by-12-inch logs. Bake until dry and set, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack. Transfer to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut logs on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices. Bake on parchment-lined sheets until golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool completely on sheets on racks. (Store in airtight containers, up to 1 week.)
Box up biscotti with your favorite tea or coffee beans for a great gift.