Pork with Cherry Sauce
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2013
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices and each pounded 1/4 inch thick
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen cherries, thawed (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Cooked polenta, for serving
Place flour in a shallow dish. Season pork with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off excess.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook pork until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and shallots, and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Season. Add wine and broth and cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add cherries and ginger and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Return pork to pan along with any accumulated juices and cook until sauce has thickened slightly, 2 minutes. Serve over polenta.