Red-Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2013
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red-curry paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (1 pound total)
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- Coarse salt
- Cooked rice, for serving
Heat a large skillet or wok over high. Add oil and curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until starting to brown, about 1 minute. Add snow peas and pineapple and cook until snow peas are bright green and tender and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in basil and fish sauce and season with salt. Serve with rice.
A very hot pan and some fat are essential to this speedy method. Preparation is key; cut all ingredients into pieces of equal size before cooking.