Steak and Pear Salad
This delicious steak salad served with buttermilk dressing is ready in under 30 minutes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2013
- 1 flank steak (1 1/2 pounds)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch arugula, torn (about 4 cups)
- 2 Bosc pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
Heat broiler, with rack 6 inches from heat. Pat steak dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper, and rub with oil. Place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Season. Thinly slice steak against the grain. In a bowl, toss greens with steak, pears, pecans, and dressing.