1 of 8
Throw a Craft Party
Blogger Kelly Lanza of Studio DIY threw a festive craft party to create honeycomb-ornament chandeliers with Martha Stewart Living Jingle Brights Collection at The Home Depot.
"When it comes to Christmas decor, I always try to put a modern spin on it, adding in unexpected colors and bold patterns. I used black and white stripes throughout the party, creating a modern feel and really allowing the colors of the craft supplies to pop, and even act as decor themselves."
2 of 8
"To make the honeycomb-ornament chandeliers, I took the Martha Stewart Jingle Brights ornaments and added black, white, and other vivid-hued honeycomb balls."
3 of 8
"I offered each guest an assortment of prestrung ornaments and honeycombs in different sizes so they could craft their own unique chandelier to their liking!"
4 of 8
"Assembling the prestrung bulbs is a piece of cake. Just gather together the strung items and adjust the lengths as desired. Then tie one secure knot at the top to hold them all together."
5 of 8
A Little Sugar
"I love continuing my holiday party palette right on in to what's on the menu! I made the Lemon Spice Butter Cookies and rimmed each one with colorful sugar. The slice-and-bake style of these cookies makes them easy to prepare during the busy holiday season!"
6 of 8
"To complement the spice of the cookies, the Ginger Sparkler was the perfect choice. You can make the ginger syrup in advance and simply top it with champagne as guests arrive! Gumballs-turned-drink-stirrers brought color to the cocktails."
7 of 8
The Finished Products
"While we sipped and snacked, we hung everyone's finished chandeliers to show them off."
8 of 8
"Each guest went home with a recipe card for the sparkler and a craft card with instructions for making many more honeycomb-ornament chandeliers at home!"
The recipe and craft cards were done by Very Sarie.
You Just Viewed
Blogger Party with Martha Stewart Jingle Brights CollectionReplay
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- A Blueprint for Color
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- The Barest Simmer
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Decorate with Brass
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks