1 of 8
It's a Project Party!
2 of 8
"I love using vibrant colors mixed with a little sparkle here and there for the holidays. To make the color-block ornament garland pop, I used Martha Stewart Crafts paints in Sea Glass matte, Sultana satin, Ballet Slipper Pink matte, and Persimmon Red matte on plain bulbs."
3 of 8
"Then I tied in the Martha Stewart Holiday Frost collection by adding the touch of sparkle I was looking for with silver glittered bulbs."
4 of 8
"Assembling the garland is as simple as stringing the ornament hooks through wired ribbon, or in my case, felted wool rope. I offered guests of the party two options so that they could choose either a more sophisticated look with silver wired ribbon or a more playful look with the felted wool."
5 of 8
"As for refreshments, the simple recipes from the Martha Stewart archives couldn't have been easier. The red currant champagne cocktails require only adding a dash of chilled red currant puree to your favorite champagne, which is perfectly quick enough for a host to replenish as the night goes on. You can also replace red currant with a splash of grenadine for an even simpler alternative."
6 of 8
Easy Hors D'Oeuvres
"I modified the original pear, walnut, and ricotta crostini recipe by not using walnuts and adding a tiny sprig of rosemary to garnish. The crostini are equally easy to make, which is a good thing, considering how fast they go!"
7 of 8
"Of course, what's a holiday party without something sweet? Everyone knows Christmas isn't the same without the staple sugar cookie, so we had just that."
8 of 8
Here, the gorgeous ornament garland completed. This decoration holds many memories and laughter, and is reusable for each holiday season.
Use Ashley's creativity with the Martha Stewart Holiday Frost collection to throw your own project party -- and let the fun unfold.
You Just Viewed
Blogger Party with the Martha Stewart Holiday Frost CollectionReplay
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- A Blueprint for Color
- Decorate with Brass
- The Barest Simmer
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold