Chocolate Tuile Ice Cream Cones
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add flour and cocoa and mix to combine. Gradually beat in egg whites and continue to beat for 4 minutes.
Trace a 5-inch circle onto a large, flexible plastic lid or cutting mat. Using scissors, cut lip from lid. With a utility knife, cut out circle to make a stencil.
Place stencil on a baking sheet. Using a small offset spatula, spread a thin layer of batter over stencil; carefully lift up stencil. Transfer to oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a spatula, roll circles around a wooden reamer to form a cone; let cool completely. Repeat process to make 16 cones.